Sunday, February 17, 2008

Finalists Please... Sex Ed 101

To all of my faithful readers,

I know I've been away and you've missed me tons. Though We haven't had much time to catch up
I should have mentioned that I a video I did over Christmas break was chosen as a finalist for Dogooder Film/Video Competition. The finalist filmmakers were flown to San Francisco, California January 21-23 to have their film screened at The Sex/Tech Conference. Though I didn't win, I gained something much more valuable... confidence. That's right folks, CONFIDENCE.
Confidence in making a good film people could relate to. Cause when you think about it, making
a film that people can relate, cry, and laugh to takes practice. I'm happy to say that I continue on
this road of understanding humans better everyday, though it tends to hurt sometimes. Which means that I am becoming a happier person day by day.This isn't the only thing I want to say.No. Lastly, I just wanted to say, it feels good to know that people can see that you've worked hard on something. That is, honestly, the best part.
Though I wasn't able to go to San Francisco I want to say thanks to the folks at Dogooder for making the reward so sweet and
cheering my video on. San Fran, I'm coming for you soon baby!


The guys over at Dogooder TV did a write up on my video so please check out their chill blog AND MY VID if you have the time. Keep Hustlin'

ISIS-Inc.: Technically, it's about Sex: Eighteen Thousand Eight Hundred and Thirty

No comments:

About Me

I am a filmmaker as well as a constant student. Though I attend Hollins University in Roanoke Virginia, I travel often as a contributor of "The People Could Fly Project". I am changing the shape of the world as a Liver born and bred in Memphis, Tn and Greenville, Ms. If you would like my assistance on any projects, films,videos,etc. please email me. Kalimah.Abioto@gmail.com