Monday, June 16, 2008

aGES cOME tO A hEAD:things hAPPENED then AND they are Happening Now

In the 80s and 90s Filmmakers, Color Filmmakers began making films.
With the popularity of black films like Lee's first feature length film " She's Gotta Have It",
Julie Dash's "Daughter's of the Dust", and so forth it was an exciting time. Then it happened. Hooolllyyywwwoooddd

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1077/is_n1_v47/ai_11415826/pg_2
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9D0DE5DC1430F932A2575BC0A962958260&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=3

Today there are sssoooo many opportunities. So many. As an individual in general there are. At times I feel like the industry is over-saturated with material. To some degree it is. But in other ways it is not. So I will continue. I'll put the pen to the pad.

No comments:

About Me

I am a filmmaker as well as a constant student. Though I attend Hollins University in Roanoke Virginia, I travel often as a contributor of "The People Could Fly Project". I am changing the shape of the world as a Liver born and bred in Memphis, Tn and Greenville, Ms. If you would like my assistance on any projects, films,videos,etc. please email me. Kalimah.Abioto@gmail.com